Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Virtual communities

Hi everyone !
 
The first virtual community I choose to join is Woman&Home.com.  This is a group where women can share information, advices and talk about their experiences about Hair and Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, Health and diet, Travels....
I made a post in the forum of Travels and things to do, in a section talking about "Alternative ways of traveling". Someone talked about the exchange of homes as a new way of traveling. I join the conversation asking her to explain me this new concept that I don't kow well. She answered me and said that this is what happened in the famous movie "The Holidays", in which Cameron Diaz wants to travel and exchange her home in USA against the one of an english woman.
I asked for the advantages of this new way of traveling and the woman answered me the main advantage is the low cost. I thought it was an amazing alternative way to discovering new countries.
 
The second virtual community I joined is Ultrastyle.com which is a fashion forum.
I made a post on the Advertising campaign's section and joined a conversation based on the famous clothes brand Top Shop which hired Kate Moss as model for one of its advertising campaign.
We discussed about the image the brand wanted to show hiring this well known model and we shared our customers' experiences as regard Top Shop' s clothes.
 
I really enjoyed my experience, because I learned and discovered things like the concept of exchanging homes to travel.
 
I recommend to all of you to try this experience by joining a virtual community one day ! :)
 
 

1 comment: